Jada drew a net for a polyhedron and calculated its surface area.
- What polyhedron can be assembled from this net?
- Jada made some mistakes in her area calculation. What were the mistakes?
- Find the surface area of the polyhedron. Show your reasoning.
A cereal box is 8 inches by 2 inches by 12 inches. What is its surface area? Show your reasoning. If you get stuck, consider drawing a sketch of the box or its net and labeling the edges with their measurements.
Twelve cubes are stacked to make this figure.
- What is its surface area?
- How would the surface area change if the top two cubes are removed?
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.(From Unit 1, Lesson 12.)
Here are two polyhedra and their nets. Label all edges in the net with the correct lengths.
What three-dimensional figure can be assembled from the net?
- What is the surface area of the figure? (One grid square is 1 square unit.)
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.(From Unit 1, Lesson 14.)