Here is a tape diagram that shows how far two students walked.
- What percentage of Priya’s distance did Tyler walk?
- What percentage of Tyler’s distance did Priya walk?
A bakery makes 40 different flavors of muffins. 25% of the flavors have chocolate as one of the ingredients. Draw a tape diagram to show how many flavors have chocolate and how many don’t.
There are 70 students in the school band. 40% of them are sixth graders, 20% are seventh graders, and the rest are eighth graders.
- How many band members are sixth graders?
- How many band members are seventh graders?
- What percentage of the band members are eighth graders? Explain your reasoning.
Jada has a monthly budget for her cell phone bill. Last month she spent 120% of her budget, and the bill was \$60. What is Jada’s monthly budget? Explain or show your reasoning.
Which is a better deal, 5 tickets for \$12.50 or 8 tickets for \$20.16? Explain your reasoning.
An athlete runs 8 miles in 50 minutes on a treadmill. At this rate:
- How long will it take the athlete to run 9 miles?
- How far can the athlete run in 1 hour?