Draw a square with side length 7 cm.
- Predict the perimeter and the length of the diagonal of the square.
- Measure the perimeter and the length of the diagonal of the square.
- Describe how close the predictions and measurements are.
Find the products.
- \((100) \boldcdot (\text-0.09)\)
- \((\text-7) \boldcdot (\text- 1.1)\)
- \((\text-7.3) \boldcdot (5)\)
- \((\text-0.2) \boldcdot (\text-0.3)\)
Here are three stories:
A family buys 6 tickets to a show. They also pay a \$3 parking fee. They spend \$27 to see the show.
Diego has 27 ounces of juice. He pours equal amounts for each of his 3 friends and has 6 ounces left for himself.
Jada works for 6 hours preparing for the art fair. She spends 3 hours on a sculpture and then paints 27 picture frames.
Here are three equations:
- Decide which equation represents each story. What does \(x\) represent in each equation?
- Find the solution to each equation. Explain or show your reasoning.
- What does each solution tell you about its situation?
Here is a diagram and its corresponding equation. Find the solution to the equation and explain your reasoning.
- Plot these points on the coordinate plane:
\(A= (3, 2), B= (7.5, 2), C= (7.5, \text-2.5), D= (3, \text-2)\)
- What is the vertical difference between \(D\) and \(A\)?
- Write an expression that represents the vertical distance between \(B\) and \(C\).