A bakery used 25% more butter this month than last month. If the bakery used 240 kilograms of butter last month, how much did it use this month?
Last week, the price of oranges at the farmer's market was $1.75 per pound. This week, the price has decreased by 20%. What is the price of oranges this week?
Noah thinks the answers to these two questions will be the same. Do you agree with him? Explain your reasoning.
- This year, a herd of bison had a 10% increase in population. If there were 550 bison in the herd last year, how many are in the herd this year?
- This year, another herd of bison had a 10% decrease in population. If there are 550 bison in the herd this year, how many bison were there last year?
Elena walked 12 miles. Then she walked 0.25 that distance. How far did she walk all together? Select all that apply.
\(12+0.25 \boldcdot 12\)
\(12 \boldcdot 1.25\)
\(12 \boldcdot 0.25\)
\(12 + 0.25\)
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.(From Unit 4, Lesson 5.)
A circle’s circumference is 600 m. What is a good approximation of the circle’s area?
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.(From Unit 3, Lesson 8.)
The equation \(d = 3t\) represents the relationship between the distance (\(d\)) in inches that a snail is from a certain rock and the time (\(t\)) in minutes.
- What does the number 3 represent?
- How many minutes does it take the snail to get 9 inches from the rock?
- How far will the snail be from the rock after 9 minutes?
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.(From Unit 2, Lesson 6.)