A music store marks up the instruments it sells by 30%.
- If the store bought a guitar for $45, what will be its store price?
- If the price tag on a trumpet says $104, how much did the store pay for it?
- If the store paid $75 for a clarinet and sold it for $100, did the store mark up the price by 30%?
A family eats at a restaurant. The bill is $42. The family leaves a tip and spends $49.77.
- How much was the tip in dollars?
- How much was the tip as a percentage of the bill?
The price of gold is often reported per ounce. At the end of 2005, this price was $513. At the end of 2015, it was $1060. By what percentage did the price per ounce of gold increase?
A phone keeps track of the number of steps taken and the distance traveled. Based on the information in the table, is there a proportional relationship between the two quantities? Explain your reasoning.
|number of steps||distance in kilometers|
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.(From Unit 2, Lesson 7.)
Noah picked 3 kg of cherries. Mai picked half as many cherries as Noah. How many total kg of cherries did Mai and Noah pick?
\(3 + \frac12\)
\(3 - \frac12\)
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.(From Unit 4, Lesson 4.)