When Han makes chocolate milk, he mixes 2 cups of milk with 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Here is a table that shows how to make batches of different sizes. Use the information in the table to complete the statements. Some terms are used more than once.
- The table shows a proportional relationship between ______________ and ______________.
- The scale factor shown is ______________.
- The constant of proportionality for this relationship is______________.
- The units for the constant of proportionality are ______________ per ______________.
Bank of Terms: tablespoons of chocolate syrup, 4, cups of milk, cup of milk, \(\frac32\)
A certain shade of pink is created by adding 3 cups of red paint to 7 cups of white paint.
- How many cups of red paint should be added to 1 cup of white paint?
cups of white paint cups of red paint 1 7 3
- What is the constant of proportionality?
A map of a rectangular park has a length of 4 inches and a width of 6 inches. It uses a scale of 1 inch for every 30 miles.
What is the actual area of the park? Show how you know.
The map needs to be reproduced at a different scale so that it has an area of 6 square inches and can fit in a brochure. At what scale should the map be reproduced so that it fits on the brochure? Show your reasoning.
Noah drew a scaled copy of Polygon P and labeled it Polygon Q.
If the area of Polygon P is 5 square units, what scale factor did Noah apply to Polygon P to create Polygon Q? Explain or show how you know.
Select all the ratios that are equivalent to each other.