In a previous unit, students compared and ordered fractions. Earlier in this unit, they did the same with decimals. In this lesson, students compare and order tenths and hundredths in both fraction and decimal notations.
- Action and Expression
- Compare and order fractions and decimals to the hundredths by reasoning about their size.
- Let’s put fractions and decimals in order.
Materials to Copy
- Order Once, Order Twice
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2–4.
|Activity 1||25 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Rolling for Fractions (3–5), Stage 1: Equivalent Fractions (Supporting)
- Get Your Numbers in Order (1–5), Stage 4: Denominators 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, or 100 (Supporting)
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.