4.7 Angles and Angle Measurement
- Students learn to draw and identify points, rays, segments, angles, and lines, including parallel and perpendicular lines. Students also learn how to use a protractor to measure angles and draw angles of given measurements, and identify acute, obtuse, right, and straight angles in two-dimensional figures.
Section A Goals
- Draw and identify points, lines, rays, segments, and parallel and intersecting lines in geometric figures.
- Recognize that angles are formed wherever two rays share a common endpoint and identify angles in two-dimensional figures.
Section B Goals
- Recognize that angles can be measured in degrees, and can be found using addition and subtraction.
- Use a protractor to measure and draw angles, and recognize that perpendicular lines meet or cross at a right angle.
Section C Goals
- Draw and identify acute, obtuse, right, and straight angles in two-dimensional figures.
- Write equations to represent angle relationships and reason about and find unknown measurements.