Activity 2: Target Numbers: Add Tenths or Hundredths
- Add decimals to the hundredths in a way that makes sense to them.
- Let’s add decimals.
- Create a large chart titled “Decimal Addition” to display during the lesson synthesis.
- Each group of 2 needs a piece of chart paper and colored pencils, markers, or crayons.
- Each group of 2 needs 1 number cube.
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
How did the student work that you selected impact the direction of the discussion? What student work might you pick next time if you taught the lesson again?
- Tic Tac Round (3–5), Stage 3: Decimals (Addressing)
- Greatest of Them All (1–5), Stage 4: Decimals (Addressing)
- Jump the Line (2–5), Stage 2: Add and Subtract Tenths and Hundredths (Supporting)
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.