5.6 More Decimal and Fraction Operations
Section A Goals
- Explain patterns when multiplying and dividing by powers of 10.
- Solve multi-step problems involving measurement conversions.
Section B Goals
- Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
- Create line plots to display fractional measurement data, and use the information to solve problems.
- Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions.
Section C Goals
- Interpret multiplication as scaling (resizing).
- Make generalizations about multiplying a whole number by a fraction greater than, less than and equal to 1.
Place Value Patterns
Powers of 10
Metric Conversion and Multiplication by Powers of Ten
Metric Conversion and Division by Powers of Ten
Multi-step Conversion Problems: Metric Length
Multi-step Conversion Problems: Metric Liquid Volume
Multi-step Conversion Problems: Customary Length