Select the unit from the list that you would use to measure each object.
- The length of a pencil
- The weight or mass of a pencil
- The volume of a pencil
- The weight or mass of a hippopotamus
- The length of a hippopotamus
- The length of a fingernail clipping
- The weight or mass of a fingernail clipping
- The volume of a sink
- The volume of a bowl
- The length of a chalkboard or whiteboard
- The weight or mass of a chalkboard or whiteboard
- The length of the border between the United States and Canada
When this pet hamster is placed on a digital scale, the scale reads 1.5.
What could be the units?
Circle the larger unit of measure. Then, determine if the unit measures distance, volume, or weight (or mass).
- meter or kilometer
- yard or foot
- cup or quart
- pound or ounce
- liter or milliliter
- gram or kilogram
Elena mixes 5 cups of apple juice with 2 cups of sparkling water to make sparkling apple juice. For a party, she wants to make 35 cups of sparkling apple juice. How much of each ingredient should Elena use? Explain or show your reasoning.
Lin bought 3 hats for $22.50. At this rate, how many hats could she buy with $60.00? If you get stuck, consider using the table.
|number of hats||price in dollars|
Light travels about 180 million kilometers in 10 minutes. How far does it travel in 1 minute? How far does it travel in 1 second? Show your reasoning.