3.1: Width of a Paper
Your teacher will show you two rods. Does it take more green rods or blue rods lined up end to end to measure the width of a piece of printer paper?
3.2: Measurement Stations
- Each large cube is 1 cubic inch. Count how many cubic inches completely pack the box without gaps.
- Each small cube is 1 cubic centimeter. Each rod is composed of 10 cubic centimeters. Count how many cubic centimeters completely fill the box.
|cubic inches||cubic centimeters|
|volume of the box|
Your teacher showed you a length.
- Use the meter stick to measure the length to the nearest meter.
- Use a ruler to measure the length to the nearest foot.
|length of ________________|
Watch the video.
- Count how many times you can fill the quart bottle from the gallon jug.
- Count how many times you can fill the liter bottle from the gallon jug.
|1 gallon of water|
Use the applet to record the weights of different objects in different units.