In the previous lesson, students sorted multiplication expressions to gauge their fluency in finding products. They also played a multiplication game to practice multiplying within 100. In this lesson, students continue to develop their fluency through games. In the first activity, students are introduced to two multiplication centers. In the second activity, students choose between three centers to practice multiplying within 100.
If students need additional support with the concepts in this lesson, refer back to Unit 4, Section B in the curriculum materials.
- Practice finding products within 100 by playing multiplication games.
- Let’s play multiplication games.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Rectangle Rumble Stage 3 Grid
- Number Cards (0-10)
- Rectangle Rumble Stage 3 Spinners
- How Close? Stage 5 Recording Sheet
- Gather materials from:
- Compare, Stage 3
- How Close, Stage 5
- Rectangle Rumble, Stage 3
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.