Kiran is using long division to find \(696 \div 12\).
He starts by dividing 69 by 12. In which decimal place should Kiran place the first digit of the quotient (5)?
Here is a long-division calculation of \(917 \div 7\).
- There is a 7 under the 9 of 917. What does this 7 represent?
- What does the subtraction of 7 from 9 mean?
- Why is a 1 written next to the 2 from \(9-7\)?
Han's calculation of \(972 \div 9\) is shown here.
- Find \(180 \boldcdot 9\).
- Use your calculation of \(180 \boldcdot 9\) to explain how you know Han has made a mistake.
- Identify and correct Han’s mistake.
Find each quotient.
One ounce of a yogurt contains of 1.2 grams of sugar. How many grams of sugar are in 14.25 ounces of yogurt?
The mass of one coin is 16.718 grams. The mass of a second coin is 27.22 grams. How much greater is the mass of the second coin than the first? Show your reasoning.