In a fruit basket there are 9 bananas, 4 apples, and 3 plums.
- The ratio of bananas to apples is ________ : ________.
- The ratio of plums to apples is ________ to ________.
- For every ________ apples, there are ________ plums.
For every 3 bananas there is one ________.
Complete the sentences to describe this picture.
- The ratio of dogs to cats is ________.
- For every ________ dogs, there are ________ cats.
Write two different sentences that use ratios to describe the number of eyes and legs in this picture.
Choose an appropriate unit of measurement for each quantity.
- area of a rectangle
- volume of a prism
- side of a square
- area of a square
- volume of a cube
Find the volume and surface area of each prism.
Prism A: 3 cm by 3 cm by 3 cm
Prism B: 5 cm by 5 cm by 1 cm
Compare the volumes of the prisms and then their surface areas. Does the prism with the greater volume also have the greater surface area?
Which figure is a triangular prism? Select all that apply.