The purpose of this lesson is to continue to analyze the relationship between two patterns by plotting corresponding numbers on the coordinate grid. After generating patterns in previous lessons, students now make ordered pairs from those numbers and plot them on the coordinate grid. They observe patterns and interpret the meaning of points on the coordinate grid in terms of generating rules.
- Action and Expression
Activity 2: Patterns on the Coordinate Grid, Part 2
- Form ordered pairs consisting of corresponding terms from two patterns and graph the ordered pairs on a coordinate grid.
- Let’s graph patterns on the coordinate grid.
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Can You Draw It? (1–5), Stage 7: Grade 5 Shapes (Addressing)
- Picture Books (K–5), Stage 3: Find Shapes (Addressing)
- Can You Draw It? (1–5), Stage 4: Area and Perimeter (Supporting)
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.