The purpose of this lesson is for students to use place value understanding to compare and write numbers.
- Compare numbers within 99.
- Use place value understanding to identify two-digit numbers.
- Let’s play games about tens and ones.
- Gather materials from previous centers:
- Mystery Number, Stage 1
- Get Your Numbers in Order, Stage 1
- Greatest of Them All, Stage 1
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
As you finish up this unit, reflect on the norms and activities that have supported each student in learning math. List ways you have seen each student grow as a young mathematician throughout this work. List ways you have seen yourself grow as a teacher. What will you continue to do and what will you improve upon in the next unit?
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.