The purpose of this lesson is for students to count, compare, and write two-digit numbers.
In the first activity, students learn a new center called Get Your Numbers In Order. In the second activity, students organize, count, and represent collections, and write numbers.
- Count objects in a collection and record the count.
- Create, compare, and order two-digit numbers.
- Write numbers up to 99.
- Let’s play games about tens and ones.
- Put each gameboard in a sheet protector.
- Gather materials from previous centers:
- Greatest of Them All, Stage 1
- Grab and Count, Stage 2
- Write Numbers, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
When do your students feel successful in math? How do you know?
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.