- Create a story problem that matches a given expression.
- Fill in an expression to match a story problem.
- Let’s tell story problems to match expressions.
Materials to Gather
- Gather materials from:
- Find the Value of Expressions, Stage 1
- Roll and Add, Stages 1 and 2
- Shake and Spill, Stages 1-3
- Number Race, Stage 1
- Math Stories, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Activity 3||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
As you finish up this unit, reflect on the norms and activities that have supported each student in learning math. List ways you have seen each student grow as a young mathematician throughout this work. List ways you have seen yourself grow as a teacher. What will you continue to do and what will you improve upon in the next unit?
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.