K.4 Understanding Addition and Subtraction
- Students relate counting to addition and solve addition and subtraction story problems within 10.
Section A Goals
- Understand addition as putting together and subtraction as taking from.
Section B Goals
- Represent and solve Add To, Result Unknown and Take From, Result Unknown story problems within 10.
Section C Goals
- Find the value of addition and subtraction expressions within 10.
- Relate addition and subtraction expressions to story problems.
\(4 + 3\)
Four plus three
\(6 + 4\)
\(3 - 3\)
3 is less than 9
The straw on the top is longer than the straw on the bottom.
- next to
- number writing reference
The straw on the bottom is shorter than the straw on the top.
\(5 - 2\)
Five minus two