5.8 Putting It All Together
- Students consolidate and solidify their understanding of various concepts and skills related to major work of the grade. They also continue to work toward fluency goals of the grade.
Section A Goals
- Divide multi-digit whole numbers using place value strategies and the properties of operations.
- Fluently multiply multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
Section B Goals
- Solve multi-step problems involving volume.
Section D Goals
- Review the major work of the grade by creating and designing instructional routines.
The number of square units that cover a flat figure without gaps or overlaps.
- axesThe numbered lines on a grid.
- coordinate gridA grid containing the horizontal and vertical axes.
- coordinatesA pair of numbers that shows an exact position on a grid. The first number represents a position on the horizontal axis and the second number represents a position on the vertical axis.
- cubic unitA unit cube with side lengths that are standard measurement units that is used to measure volume.
- horizontal axisThe number line that runs from left to right in a pair of axes.
- power of 10The result of multiplying 10 by itself a given number of times.
- rectangular prismA solid figure which has six faces that are rectangles.
- right triangleA triangle with a 90 degree angle.
- unit cubeA cube whose sides are 1 unit long, used to measure volume.
- vertical axis
The number line that runs up and down in a pair of axes.
- volumeThe number of unit cubes that fill a solid figure without gaps or overlap.