5.4 Wrapping Up Multiplication and Division with Multi-Digit Numbers
- Students use the standard algorithm to multiply multi-digit whole numbers. They divide whole numbers up to four-digits by two-digits divisors using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
Section A Goals
- Multiply multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
Section B Goals
- Divide multi-digit whole numbers using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and the relationship between multiplication and division.
Section C Goals
- Multiply and divide to solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area and volume.
The number of square units that cover a flat figure without gaps or overlaps.
- cubic unitA unit cube with side lengths that are standard measurement units that is used to measure volume.
- rectangular prismA solid figure which has six faces that are rectangles.
- unit cubeA cube whose sides are 1 unit long, used to measure volume.
- volumeThe number of unit cubes that fill a solid figure without gaps or overlap.