The purpose of this lesson is for students to add and subtract within 10.
- Add and subtract within 10.
- Let’s add and subtract.
- Each group of 2 needs 10 connecting cubes.
- Gather materials from previous centers:
- What’s Behind My Back, Stage 2
- Five in a Row: Addition and Subtraction, Stages 1 and 2
- Check it Off, Stages 1 and 2
- Find the Pair, Stage 2
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Reflect on what you saw and heard as students worked in centers today. Whose ideas were heard, valued, and accepted? How can you adjust the group structure or norms during the next center time to ensure each student’s ideas are a part of the collective learning?
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.