1.1 Adding, Subtracting, and Working with Data
- Students add and subtract within 10, and represent and interpret categorical data.
Section A Goals
- Build toward fluency by adding and subtracting within 10 in a way that makes sense to them.
Section B Goals
- Organize and represent data.
Section C Goals
- Interpret data representations to ask and answer questions.
- categoryA label that tells how objects in a group are alike.
- dataInformation about the things or people in a group.
Example: If you have a box of colored pencils, then the lengths and colors of each of the pencils are data about the pencils in the box.
- differenceThe result when one number is subtracted from another.
- sumThe total when two or more numbers are added.
- surveyA way to collect data using a group of people answering the same question.