In this lesson, students apply volume problem-solving concepts to situations involving density, which is defined as the mass of a substance per unit volume. Density is an important concept for many modeling applications.
Students are attending to precision (MP6) when they track and convert units through the course of these tasks.
- Comprehend that density (in spoken and written language) is mass per unit of volume.
- Use volume formulas and the concept of density to solve problems.
- Let’s use volume and density to solve problems.
- I can solve problems involving density and volume.
- I know that the density of an object is the ratio between its mass and its volume.
The mass of a substance per unit volume.
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.