This two-way table shows the results of asking students if they prefer to have gym class in the morning or the afternoon.
- How many students participated in the survey?
- How many students in grade 8 prefer to have gym in the morning?
- How many grade 10 students participated in the survey?
- How many students prefer to have gym in the afternoon?
A random sample of adults are asked about their preferences for a first dinner date with someone. Complete the two-way table so that it has the characteristics listed.
- 122 people responded to the survey.
- 50 of the people who said they order dessert said they also prefer to split the check.
- 68 people prefer splitting the check.
- 56 people prefer to skip dessert rather than ordering one.
|order dessert||no dessert|
|split the check|
|one person pays|
Students in the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade were asked whether they prefer to write in pen or pencil.
- 40 students prefer to write in pen.
- 60 students prefer to write in pencil.
Create values that could represent the number of students in the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade that responded to the survey.
A recent study observed the number of bike riders ages 0 to 20 that wear helmets. The results are represented in the table.
|wear helmet||did not wear helmet|
Make an observation based on a data value that is not in the table. Explain your reasoning.