8.1: Notice and Wonder: Correlations
What do you notice? What do you wonder?
8.2: Variable Relationships
- For each pair of variables, do you expect there to be a relationship? That is, do you think a change in one variable is accompanied by a change in the other variable? How do you expect the second variable to change if the first variable is increased?
- hours of sleep and energy level
- length of hair and energy level
- number of school events each week and time spent watching videos online each week
- temperature and watermelon sales
Some data is collected for each pair of variables listed and represented by a scatter plot. For each pair of variables, how do the scatter plots support or contradict your answers from the previous question?
8.3: Card Sort: Correlations
Your teacher will give you a set of cards. Match each scatter plot with a pair of variables. Be prepared to explain your reasoning.