1.1: Estimation: Percents
What percentage of the graph is labeled B?
- Record an estimate that is:
too low about right too high
- Explain your reasoning.
1.2: Human Frequency Table
Follow your teacher’s instructions to create a two-way table with your class. Then, using the data from the table your class creates, answer the questions:
- How many students prefer tablets?
- How many students prefer basketball?
- How many students prefer both laptops and prefer baseball?
- Of the students who prefer tablets, how many prefer basketball?
1.3: Class Celebration
Han’s teacher is planning a celebration for the class. Here is a table that displays the students’ preferences for the celebration.
|prefers Monday||prefers Friday||total|
Use the table to answer the questions.
- Complete the table with the missing values.
- How many students were surveyed?
- How many students prefer Monday?
- How many students prefer Friday?
- On which day should Han’s teacher plan to have the celebration?
- How many students prefer to stay indoors?
- How many students prefer to go outdoors?
- How many students prefer Friday and prefer to stay indoors?
- How many students prefer Monday and prefer to go outdoors?