In previous lessons, students solved Put Together/Take Apart, Both Addends Unknown story problems and noticed that there is more than 1 solution. This is the first lesson in which students are asked to find more than one solution to a Put Together/Take Apart, Both Addends Unknown story problem.
Activity 1: Citrus Juice
- Find more than one solution to a Put Together/Take Apart, Both Addends Unknown story problem.
- Let’s find more than one way to solve a problem.
- Gather materials from from:
- What’s Behind My Back, Stage 1
- 5-frames, Stages 1 and 2
- Make or Break Apart Numbers, Stage 1
- Math Stories, Stages 1-3
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Activity 3||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.