K.5 Composing and Decomposing Numbers to 10
- Students compose and decompose numbers within 10.
Section A Goals
- Compose and decompose numbers up to 9 in more than 1 way.
- Write expressions to represent decompositions.
Section B Goals
- Solve Put Together, Total Unknown, Put Together/Take Apart, Both Addends Unknown, Add To, Result Unknown, and Take From, Result Unknown story problems.
Section C Goals
- For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number.
\(4 + 3\)
Four plus three
\(10 = 6 + 4\)
\(5 - 2 = 3\)
\(6 + 4\)
\(3 - 3\)
3 is less than 9
The straw on the top is longer than the straw on the bottom.
- next to
- number writing reference
The straw on the bottom is shorter than the straw on the top.
\(5 - 2\)
Five minus two