This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. The goal of this lesson is for students to practice solving a variety of radical equations. In the last activity, students make sense of radical equations as they design their own equations to have different numbers of solutions (MP1).
Technology isn’t required for this lesson, but there are opportunities for students to choose to use appropriate technology to solve problems. We recommend making technology available.
- Calculate solutions to radical equations.
- Create radical equations that have either zero, one, or two solutions.
- Explain the steps taken to solve radical equations.
- Let’s practice solving radical equations.
- I can solve equations with radicals in them.
Print Formatted Materials
For access, consult one of our IM Certified Partners.